Similar to the way weather change necessitates change in wardrobe and diet, it also calls for change in skin care regimen too. It is important to understand the skin type and the way your skin behaves in changing weather, before choosing skin care items. The change in temperature and humidity may lead to breakouts, acne and other skin related issues for some. It is therefore important for everyone to pay special heed to changing climes and zero down on brands and products that suit them best.
Points to remember for skin care during changing weather
- One should be going light on moisture levels in humid weather and reverse in cold weather.
- It is important to pay heed to the type of humectants used in skin products especially in winter months, since the skin is extremely thirsty for moisture at this time. This facet is not only applicable to facial products, but also to body creams and lotions.
- Water based products are best suited for times when the weather changes from dry to humid whereas oil based products fit the bill perfectly when the weather changes from humid to dry.
- Special attention should not only be paid to the leave-in products like creams and lotions but also to the wash-off products like body washes and soaps.
- It is important to follow the basic regimen of cleansing, toning and moisturizing twice a day, irrespective of weather.
- If need be in the winter months, it is important to use specific products like lip balms and hand creams several times of the day to prevent the skin from drying out.
- It is also very important to exfoliate the skin at regular intervals to prevent any kind of dead skin build up.
Skin care during changing weather is not difficult provided everyone understands their skin type and its specific requirements. Premium salons offer skin treatments to combat the perils of changing weather. For those who are confused regarding skin care in changing weather, should find the best salon for women in their locality and seek their recommended skin care treatments and products.
Page 3 Salon & Spa offers a host of skin care treatments customized for your skin type to leave you radiant irrespective of the seasons.