Our hair undergoes serious damage when its bleached, coloured or highlighted. The market is flooded with hair colors for men, but are they safe enough to prevent hair damage? Let’s see how to choose a hair color product carefully to protect your hair from significant injury.
Most importantly, the hair color should be free from ammonia as it reduces hair damage to a significant extent. Permanent hair dyes can cause hair fall, sometimes even leading to baldness. Wrongly chosen hair dyes can result in irritation and pigmentation on the scalp.
Contact a dermatologist to gain advice in choosing the right hair products like shampoos, conditioners, hairsprays, etc., or have a word with reputed hair specialists from top salons. One important tip is to avoid applying color directly to the hair roots. This can protect the cuticle and contain hair fall.
There is nothing called the perfect hair color with zero risks of hair damage. It all depends on how you color your hair if you do not want to take a chance, fix an appointment with us and leave it to our experts who will advise on the product and apply it using the right coloring techniques.
Reasons for premature greying
Using a hot hair comb, hair blowers, and hair straightening tools can lead to premature greying and roughening of your hair. These damages can either be short-lived or permanent. It is advisable to give an oil massage to your hair twice a week to strengthen the roots. You can also apply oil at night and take a soothing shower in the morning with the right combination of shampoo and conditioner.
What causes hair damage?
Several factors result in hair damage, and some of them include the following.
- Constant coloring of hair
- Frequent hair treatments
- Air pollution
- Nutrient deficiencies
- Genetic issues
- Oxidative stress
- Specific health-related concerns
- Stress and anxiety
Hair damage increases the pH levels of hair. An increased pH can result in the opening of hair cuticles. Eventually, the cuticle loses its natural moisture, leading to rough, dry hair. Only a safe, expert-recommended hair coloring practice can increase the health and longevity of your hair.
Page3 Salon offers extensive hair coloring solutions for all ages and genders. Contact our team to get the best solution for your hair problems.
Hair color is here to stay for long, so let’s take a look at how it has transformed the beauty industry.
Hair color is here to stay for long, so let’s take a look at how it has transformed the beauty industry. Gone are the days when women colored their hair simply to cover their grays. Nowadays hair colours are more of a fashion statement for even young women even without a strand of gray.
Coloring the hair is no more a brush and comb affair; today it has become more a science than art. There are many aspects involved while choosing hair color for women; it includes matching your skin tone, non-allergic ingredients, use of multi-color to create a style statement, trend, etc.
Entrusting professional hair stylists to color your hair comes with several benefits:
- Buying hair dyes from stores limits your choice to experiment. Professional stylists customize colors to meet your styling needs.
- Such stylists color the hair in the safest way ensuring that no harm is caused to the hair follicles. Hair colors are made up of chemicals and using the wrong product could leave irreparable damage.
- Color right or be dissatisfied. With professionals, you can rest assured of the best results, since they know the dynamics of color they never fail you.
- DIY dye kits do not last long and you will be forced to recolor often. Salons offer hair dye that lasts longer than the ones you get off the shore shelf, plus they have the skills and training to choose the perfect coloring products. Given the price, you are sure to get full value for money, as they is no need to keep going frequently to hide your grays. The color lasts longer than your DIY kits.
- Hair coloring done by professionals may cost a little higher than that done at home. Consider it as an investment and on consecutive sittings, you may only have to cover the grays instead of going for full coloring.
Page3 Salon offers personalized hair color solutions to meet your requirements and keeps up with the latest trend.
As most of you might know, formaldehyde is the essential ingredient used during keratin hair treatment.
As most of you might know, formaldehyde is the essential ingredient used during keratin hair treatment. It has the property to render your hair pin-straight, and definitely, it was a magic potion for all those who loved straight hair. Well, that was the situation of the beauty industry ten years back when none of the hair straightening and smoothing formulas were free from formaldehyde.
But when the American Cancer Society reported that formaldehyde in keratin hair treatment creams & gels was carcinogenic, stylists worldwide quit using products with formaldehyde as an ingredient. Formaldehyde-free products are the new beauty secret for those who love styling their hair. It is safe on the scalp and allows you to style your hair the way you want without worrying about breakage.
Reasons to Avoid Products with Formaldehyde
Besides cancer being the lethal side-effect, the other aftereffects you need to worry about are wheezing, nausea, skin irritation, and burning sensations in the eyes, throat, and nose. Another problem with Keratin hair treatment products using formaldehyde is that it makes your hair pin-straight, and even if you spend hours styling or adding volume to your hair, you won’t attain the desired hairdo. You will only experience hair fall and roughness once the effect of the initial treatment wears off.
Reasons to choose formaldehyde-free Keratin hair treatment
Formaldehyde-free products are so safe on the hair and skin that you can use them on children too. They help attain straight-looking hair without having to compromise the volume or texture. One another advantage of using Formaldehyde-free products is that you can style up your hair the way you want without worrying about hair fall. So, if you want to curl up your bangs after a hair straightening treatment, it is possible with formaldehyde-free hair products.
Page3 Salon uses safe and tested products for extensive skin and hair care solutions. Contact our salon for more styling information!
Be it the times of pandemic or otherwise, hygiene should be of utmost priority in any salon.
Be it the times of pandemic or otherwise, hygiene should be of utmost priority in any salon. Not just the salon space but also the tools have to be disinfected. A sterile salon is the need of the hour. Therefore, maintaining optimum hygiene levels should be the topmost priority for any salon.
The main focus of every salon should be to ensure that every client walking in should feel safe and confident regarding the hygiene levels. By creating awareness of the hygiene measures of the salon, the customers can walk in without any apprehension.
The steps that a salon can take to maintain hygiene are as follows:
- Hand sanitizers at strategic locations in the salon make it easier for the customers to access.
- The staff should wear a clean uniform washed in an antiseptic solution every day.
- Every tool has to be sterilized after use.
- The staff should be educated on the hygiene practices and the forced to follow the same.
- Use a mask and face shield while attending to customers
- Use of sanitizer before and after handling customers.
- Wear hair neatly and avoid wearing false nails.
- Use a tissue while coughing or sneezing.
- Covered dustbins should be used in the salons.
- Encourage contactless payment methods.
These are the measures that should be paid heed to at all times but in the times of COVID, it is all the more important that certain additional measures should be adhered to. The measures advised by the government have to be adhered to from time to time.
It includes wearing face masks, adhering to proper social distancing norms, reducing the number of clients to be allowed at any given point of time to avoid overcrowding, and reorganizing the stations so that people do not stand very close to each other.
Travellers are exposed to the vagaries of nature; heat, dust, humidity, pollution, etc.
Travellers are exposed to the vagaries of nature; heat, dust, humidity, pollution, etc. leaving your hair messed up and dull. Just like how you take care of your skin, hair care routine is also important for a tangle free and healthy hair. Here are some simple tips that can give you excellent results even for those who are out in the open throughout the day.
1. The first and foremost tip is to have manageable hair; the word manageable differs from person to person. For some long locks are manageable and for some short hair. Before going for a vacation or on any travel ensure you have a haircut. This does not mean it should be always short, even a little trimming can keep your hair under control.
2. Irrespective of the weather conditions, your hair is prone to get damaged during travel. In order to protect your hair from injury it is important to precondition your hair. The process may take less than 5 minutes but you will see the difference it can give to your hair. Even if the wind plays with your tresses it will remain in its place!
3. To give your hair the sheen, it is advised to give a deep moisturizing treatment, a couple of days before you start your travel. You can enhance the health of your hair with regular moisturizing treatments and do any hairstyle without worries of damage.
4. Exposure to sun can hurt your hair. Covering with a scarf or cap is advised to protect your hair from sun damage. So next time when you are out do not forget to carry a hat.
5. Today, the market is flooded with hair care serums; choose the right one that suits your hair type. Consult your hair dresser / hair stylists before taking a decision.
6. Using styling products during travel is a big no, since they are greasy, it can attract dust and dirt resulting in dandruff and scalp damage.
7. Simple hair care routine with just 5 minutes preconditioning and washing your hair is the best way to maintain your hair healthy while on travel.
Select a routine that is simple and suits your hair kind for a healthy and shiny hair.
No one wants to compromise when it comes to appearance. It is the reflection of your thoughts.
No one wants to compromise when it comes to appearance. It is the reflection of your thoughts. Premature greying or greying with age forces both sex to colour their hairs. Not only do people with their hair pigmentation changing opt to colour their hair, but it has also become a fad amongst teenagers to shade their hair with colours from the hue palette.
Since there is no difference between hair quality of men and women, can hair colour of women be used for colouring men’s hairs too? Yes, of course. There is no difference in the product composition between hair colour of women and hair colour of men. But there are few underlying differences between the kinds of colours that are generally preferred by women and men.
Since men have short hairs, they require more frequent touch ups than what women require. That apart, as already mentioned girls and women nowadays use hair colour to create a fashion statement rather for covering their greys. It is because of this reason that woman hair colour product ranges anywhere from mahogany, burgundy to fuchsia and blue.
But men, by and large, prefer to colour their hair black or darker shades of brown. Men generally colour their hair to camouflage the greys rather for the sake of fashion. The differences between hair colour services for men and women do not end here. Men hair colour services are not limited to scalp hair only, these services also extend to colouring moustaches and beards too. Therefore, those who specialize in men hair colouring services require a different set of skills that those required for women.
It is not uncommon to see most of the men’s salons now offering an expansive range of grooming services for men, including hair colouring. In fact, this has become an integral part of Bridegroom makeup. Although Bridegroom makeup includes several grooming regimen but haircut, hair spa and hair colour are the crucial part of the process. Any prospective bridegroom who is in quest of Bridegroom makeup services to look his best on his wedding day should ensure that hair colouring services are also included in the salon package.
Page3 Salon offers a wide range of hair colouring and hair care services for both men and women. Choose a pack that is suitable for your hair tone and get that wow look.
Similar to the way weather change necessitates change in wardrobe and diet, it also calls for change in skin care regimen too.
Similar to the way weather change necessitates change in wardrobe and diet, it also calls for change in skin care regimen too. It is important to understand the skin type and the way your skin behaves in changing weather, before choosing skin care items. The change in temperature and humidity may lead to breakouts, acne and other skin related issues for some. It is therefore important for everyone to pay special heed to changing climes and zero down on brands and products that suit them best.
Points to remember for skin care during changing weather
- One should be going light on moisture levels in humid weather and reverse in cold weather.
- It is important to pay heed to the type of humectants used in skin products especially in winter months, since the skin is extremely thirsty for moisture at this time. This facet is not only applicable to facial products, but also to body creams and lotions.
- Water based products are best suited for times when the weather changes from dry to humid whereas oil based products fit the bill perfectly when the weather changes from humid to dry.
- Special attention should not only be paid to the leave-in products like creams and lotions but also to the wash-off products like body washes and soaps.
- It is important to follow the basic regimen of cleansing, toning and moisturizing twice a day, irrespective of weather.
- If need be in the winter months, it is important to use specific products like lip balms and hand creams several times of the day to prevent the skin from drying out.
- It is also very important to exfoliate the skin at regular intervals to prevent any kind of dead skin build up.
Skin care during changing weather is not difficult provided everyone understands their skin type and its specific requirements. Premium salons offer skin treatments to combat the perils of changing weather. For those who are confused regarding skin care in changing weather, should find the best salon for women in their locality and seek their recommended skin care treatments and products.
Page 3 Salon & Spa offers a host of skin care treatments customized for your skin type to leave you radiant irrespective of the seasons.
How do you feel when you look in the mirror? Does the image you see match the mental image you have of yourself? Is your hair ok? Are your eyes looking bright and well defined? Does your style match your personality? The questions can be endless when it is a question of your looks. Style and beauty can be very personal and at the same time also keep up with the trends and fashions.
How do you feel when you look in the mirror? Does the image you see match the mental image you have of yourself? Is your hair ok? Are your eyes looking bright and well defined? Does your style match your personality? The questions can be endless when it is a question of your looks. Style and beauty can be very personal and at the same time also keep up with the trends and fashions. True this statement sounds contradictory in itself but it applies to how you groom yourself and present yourself just the way it applies to your clothes. Everyone has their own beauty style and getting it right is very important. It is important not just for how other people perceive you, it is important for your own self esteem!
When it is a question of finding your own personal beauty style, the obvious first step is recognising your skin type, your hair type and your body type. This is best done by professionals who have the trained eye and the scientific knowledge to back it up. The right salon can work wonders here. Apart from finding the right salon to give you precious advice on the matter, here are a few simple tips. The first thing to do is to play up your best features. Analyze what features of yours you like best. Does everyone praise your eyes or the curve of your neck or your cheek bones or…? Focusing on the features you are proud of can make the job a whole lot easier. Never neglect your eyes! Everyone you meet is going to look at your eyes. This is one feature you cannot hide and you should not either! Use a good eye cream to moisturize the area around your eyes. Keep your eyebrows neat and well-shaped. The results could amaze you. Never be afraid to experiment. Try on different looks. You never know when you may stumble on that perfect signature beauty style!
It always helps to have a style icon. Remember that feeling of “I want to look like this” you got when you looked at someone? Could have been a movie star or someone you know. Trust your instincts when you get that feeling. Using a similar style and products could be what you were always waiting to do. Finally, take good care of your skin. Yes, beauty (and style) are more than just skin deep but skin is still one of the first things people notice about you. Maintain a good cleansing and moisturizing regimen that keeps your skin young and fresh. Glowing skin always adds volumes to your beauty and style. All said and done, finding your personal beauty style can be an amalgamation of many things. What works for you in terms of time in the mornings or the products that you prefer or getting out of your comfort zone or just falling back on tried and tested methods. Whatever it is, always remember to play up your best features, keep your skin glowing and eyes well cared for. Never neglect getting the right professional help.