Ever wondered how professional makeup artists are able to give that perfect finish and achieve the right look? Of course they are backed by years of training and experience and know how to analyse skin type, hair type etc. They also receive specific training on what kind of look suits what occasion and so on. If you have always wanted to get a more professional finish to your makeup and look, this article is what you need. Happy to share the 5 most important beauty secrets from professional makeup artists:
• The first step you must not skip is using a moisturizer that is right for your skin. Before beginning to apply makeup, moisturize liberally to give your skin a dewy glow and improve the tone and texture of even dull or tired looking skin.
• Use peach or apricot toned primer before applying foundation. The tint of colour in these toned primers is perfectly suited for even darker skin tones and can hide pigmentation or dark circles effectively.
• Apply a light coat of translucent face powder over the primer to lock it in and then use a beauty blender to apply foundation over this. Use a makeup brush and brush over your face in a light downward motion to ensure any baby hairs lay flat against the skin.
• For a luminous and “lit from within” glow, apply your cream blush or bronzer or highlighter underneath the foundation. You will be surprised how effective this little trick is!
• When applying lipstick, begin with a nude lipliner, apply a layer of lipstick over this, use a tissue to blot, apply a light dusting of translucent powder and repeat the process to get in two or three layers of lipstick. This will last you all day!
These simple tips are easy to follow and can elevate your makeup to that professional level on a daily basis! However, do keep in mind that the quality of the products you use and your skin-type play an important part. Always use good quality products that are right for your skin. Sticking closer to natural products is always better.